Access Statement for Ravenbank Guest House
Ravenbank is a stone built, detached Victorian house situated in an elevated position overlooking the village of Staveley. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, it has superb views from all windows. Although very quiet and private, the house is only a 5 minute walk to our lovely village and a 15 minute drive to Lake Windermere. There is ample private parking.
• We have a detailed web site with links to local amenities
• Bookings and enquiries can be made directly from the website via email, telephone or letter
• An hourly bus service operates from our village, South to Kendal and North to Windermere and the Lakes
• Bus and train timetables are available on request
• A Radar key is available for loan on request while staying at Ravenbank
• This access statement is available on our website and also in your bedroom
• A link for directions to Ravenbank can be found on our Web Site
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• A Private tarmac lane leads to Ravenbank where ample car parking is available right outside our house
• Plenty of access is available to your car when parked
• Unfortunately we do not accept pets, however we do have our own cat
• There are two steps for entrance into the front porch followed by one more step for entrance into the front Hall
•No hand rail is available
• The car parking area is lit in an evening by a sensor light above the front porch door
Main Entrance & Reception
• The main entrance door leads out to car parking area
• A key for the front door will be given to guests upon checking in
• The entrance hall is level, then leads onto a staircase for all bedrooms, there are 17 steps to the first floor, with hand rail on the right side
• No lift is available
• Information leaflets for local attractions and walking books are available, these are displayed in the entrance hall
• Our house telephone can be made available to guests in an emergency
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• The Hall and staircase is covered with fitted wool carpet and is well lit
• Low level lighting is in use on the first floor during the night
• All doors are made of solid pitch pine and all have key locking
• The bedroom with private facilities has level access to bathroom right next door to the bedroom
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• We do not provide a guest lounge, however bedrooms are equipped with wall mounted flat screen televisions and chair
• Tea and coffee making facilities are also provided
• Please refer to our website for more details of Ravenbank and photographs of our bedrooms and breakfast room
• We do not permit smoking anywhere on the premises.
• Most mobile networks are good in certain areas around the house and garden.
• Our fridge can be made available to guests who may have medication or special dietary foods.
• In case of a fire, evacuation will be through the front door at the bottom of the main staircase.
• Smoke alarms are situated at the bottom of the stairs and also on the first floor outside the bedrooms.
• Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
Ravenbank Guest House
Off Brow Lane
Home 01539 821258
• We do not have future plans at present as our rooms have been completely refurbished in 2009
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve. If you have any comments please phone 01539 821258 or email email@example.com